Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Love is a two way street: Love your hair and it loves you back!

My Proposal snap got noticed by my soon-to-be husband for one prominent reason... my hair! 


I never had 'very' long hair, they refused to grow beyond my waist and stopped growing just above my waistline - the reason being 'Split-ends'.


I have been blessed with thick black hair just like my mom (hers is more curlier than me though) but could hardly maintain it - resulting in roughness and then split-ends.


My earlier hair care regime:

  1. Oil my hair, a night before
  2. Wash it off with a Shampoo, the next morning.
  3. Regular hair-trimming to get rid off those annoying split-ends
  4. Thats it! 

The concept of using conditioners were all aliens to me!


Times changed, I saw women getting their hair colored; ironed; and chemically treated for a longer lasting look.  Their hair looked lovelier, shinier, and felt softer - I was impressed. But at the same time I didn't want to lose out on my individuality, I loved the color, black that my hair sported and somehow I was not ready to compromise on the 'waviness' of my hair. 


I remember once my friend commenting, "Straighting would look good on your hair" to which I had replied, "then I would look one-of-them as to me they all look same". My requirement was simple, to tame my unruly hair without compromising on its nature.  I now included 'conditioning' in my regime of hair wash.


After trying out quite a lot of options of shampoos and conditioners available in the market, I almost gave up on my hair - unconsciously I had started blaming my hair with the expressions like - 'Kuch nahi ho sakta' :( Why my hair never responded to these products was beyond me.


Very recently, I was contemplating the idea of hair Spa for my hair as a last resort before I totally gave up on it. My prayers were answered with an invitation from Indi Bloggers for a Dove Spa event. The event turned out to be a blessing. Apart from unlimited fun, treats, pampering, spot prizes that were showered on us, we got a chance to interact with Dove's official hair expert, Ms. Soumya. She cleared all our doubts patiently and I got to know more about hair masks and hair serums. I was now more informed about the 'correct usage' of these products - for a dry hair like mine she had suggested weekly usage of hair masks.


With my hair Spa done and armed with my Dove hamper of Shampoo, conditioner, mask, serum - the 'Dove Nourishing Oil Care Range' packaged in an awesome bag, I left the venue all excited and eager to shower my hair with love and kindness, called Dove. ;)


Its been 7 days since I started using Dove - for a change, my unruly hair seems to be all tamed. :D


It has been truly said, "Love is a two way street: Love your hair and it loves you back!"


My current hair-care regime is as follows (done every alternate day in a week):

  1. Oil my hair, a night before/ an hour before  
  2. Wash it off with Dove Nourishing Oil Care daily use Shampoo.
  3. Apply Dove Dual Stripe daily treatment conditioner after every wash except on the day I use hair mask.
  4. Apply Dove Nourishing Oil Care Repair hair mask - once a week only.
  5. Apply Dove Nourishing Oil Care Vita Oil serum after hair is towel dried and whenever required in a day (I carry the little bottle in my bag!)
  6. Thats it! 

Am loving the love that my hair is showering back at me :))))

2 comments:

Indian Citizen Ranting said...

Cool post and best of luck with the competition. Please find my posts here:

Haircules Speaketh!

Love is two way street

Please promote / vote for them if you find them interesting.

Joules said...

Thanks Varun, for your comment and wishes... wish you too the very best for the competition.

-Julie